Transfer selection to pattern in sops group

Hi,

I have a simple question about sop`s group node usage. I want to use the button called transfer selection to pattern but it just don´t work or has a workflow I don´t understand(there is nothing in the help about this).

I just want to have a allready created group node and just select some points and put their numbers in the pattern section.

What I´m doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I have a simple question about sop`s group node usage. I want to use the button called transfer selection to pattern but it just don´t work or has a workflow I don´t understand(there is nothing in the help about this).

I just want to have a allready created group node and just select some points and put their numbers in the pattern section.

What I´m doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

You should select your group in the viewport, press tab on top of the viewport region!

(this will relates your selection to the node your about to add to your network) and select a group geometry node, This way Houdini should add a group node after the displayed node in your SOP network with the proper selection of points/prims/edges/or vertexs.

Cheers!

This is not the same. You have to rename the group and the node each time with that method. Very annoying - SESI should at least remove the button, if it's still there and useless in H11.

:D YES. Thanks a lot Petz!

It works!, didn´t know about this option. I´m used to work in the network pane but now I wanted to make more artist friendly otls so this kind of user interaction is basic. Next step is to make this option work with a group inside a subnetwork otl.