Particle fluids

Omy

Hi im planning for a simple splash of a particle fluids when it was hit by something.

I have tried a way.I fractured the object and then i have extracted the bgeos then i have applied the particle fluid from object.

So that it would look like a splash of a box.

Could you tell how to do this.

Some confusing Engrish there. But have you tried the flip solver in Houdini 11?

I recently made some splashes with it and got some great results with it.

Could you tell me how to do it.Is it automatic.Or do we need to apply the metaball magnetforce method.Please let me know

H

Could you tell me how to do it.Is it automatic.Or do we need to apply the metaball magnetforce method.Please let me know

In houdini 11 you have some automatic tools for create particle fluid from flip too, this creates a flip solver and a contaner and its very fast, i think that is what you need.

H

In houdini 11 you have some automatic tools for create particle fluid from flip too, this creates a flip solver and a contaner and its very fast, i think that is what you need.

Hi Ungoliant

I have created a sphere and i have applied the flip fluid from object.But it still goes down as what it is used to do before.Could you send me a sample file please.

Sounds like you want someone else to do your job.

Think about it for a minute, what's a splash? a high velocity or weight impact on a surface of water. So you've got two options, fill something up and throw a fast moving object to it.

Or, the way I got it working, create a half sphere or object, and add directional velocity attributes pointing upwards and outwards and you make the particle fluid emitter inherit that velocity. And the rest is tweaking the parameters in the flip solver.