import modules in hython 2.6

petz

i recently changed from python 2.5 to 2.6. while i´m used to use some modules a lot (especially numpy) i had never problems importing them in houdini, but today i got an error message when i try to import numpy in hython 2.6. importing numpy in regular python 2.6 works fine and also hython 2.5 has no trouble with the module (numpy for python 2.5 of course) but hython 2.6 seems to have problems with the dlls. i guess it´s related to the compiler used for the build but since numpy is the only module i have problems with, i´m not sure.

does someone know how i can import the module without going back to python 2.5 in houdini?

error message: importerror dll load failed 1 is not a valid win32 application

thanks,

petz

• 6 months later...

i recently changed from python 2.5 to 2.6. while i´m used to use some modules a lot (especially numpy) i had never problems importing them in houdini, but today i got an error message when i try to import numpy in hython 2.6. importing numpy in regular python 2.6 works fine and also hython 2.5 has no trouble with the module (numpy for python 2.5 of course) but hython 2.6 seems to have problems with the dlls. i guess it´s related to the compiler used for the build but since numpy is the only module i have problems with, i´m not sure.

does someone know how i can import the module without going back to python 2.5 in houdini?

error message: importerror dll load failed 1 is not a valid win32 application

thanks,

petz

Hi!

Do you solve this?! <_<

• 5 months later...

Hi!

Do you solve this?! <_<

It seems like your numpy installation was compiled with the wrong compiler.

At the moment i am using houdini 11.1.33 x64 python 2.6 with numpy without problems, but i had to compile myself with vc2005 to make it work.

The precompiled packages didnt work ( i think they are compiled with vc2008 for python2.6 and maybe the old ones for python 2.5 where compiled with vc2005 and thats why they worked. )