HQueue ... how to?

Macha

I'm always an error is to generate IFDs "Generate IFDs", in what could be the problem?

Here's what I worked out so far, maybe that helps:

First you only need to assign one machine to generate ifds (if you have one master licence). But even then it messes up quite often. You need to restart the machine from HQueue but it never works so another way is to go into the HQclient folder and delete a file with .pid extension and then rerun the .bat file. For some reason it doesn't always get deleted. If that fails you can try deleting the whole folder and re-run the python script.

I'm now at a point where all of this has failed and I have no more options. The support-men don't know what to do.

Great fun! You'll easily waste days with! Good luck!

Here's what I worked out so far, maybe that helps:

First you only need to assign one machine to generate ifds (if you have one master licence). But even then it messes up quite often. You need to restart the machine from HQueue but it never works so another way is to go into the HQclient folder and delete a file with .pid extension and then rerun the .bat file. For some reason it doesn't always get deleted. If that fails you can try deleting the whole folder and re-run the python script.

I'm now at a point where all of this has failed and I have no more options. The support-men don't know what to do.

Great fun! You'll easily waste days with! Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, but problem in python, my previous version 2.6.6, then set 2.6 - everything worked! But still problem: All renderings incredibly slow.

Well, it doesn't work for me. HQueue drives me nuts. Can anybody see from this here why my clients don' trender and instead eternally "waiting for machine"?

JOBS   |   CLIENTS   |   GROUPS   |   HELP 	

Name: 	Render -> HIP: PlaystationLines_Friday.hip IFD: $F.ifd (Frame: 2)
Id: 	467
Parent Job 	464
waiting for machine 	 
Overall Progress: 	0%
ETA: 	∞
Properties: 	Less...
Description: 	None
Tries left: 	0
Priority: 	5
Min Hosts: 	1
Max Hosts: 	1
Tags: 	single
Queue time: 	November 05, 2010 12:12:37 PM
Runnable time: 	November 05, 2010 12:12:37 PM
Command start time: 	
Command end time: 	
Start time: 	
End time: 	
Progress: 	Unknown
Requirements: 	
os 	== 	windows
Environment: 	
HQCOMMANDS	{"hythonCommandsLinux": "export HOUDINI_PYTHON_VERSION=2.6 && export HFS=\"$HQROOT/houdini_distros/hfs.$HQCLIENTARCH\" && cd $HFS && source ./houdini_setup && hython -u", "pythonCommandsMacosx": "export HFS=\"$HQROOT/houdini_distros/hfs.$HQCLIENTARCH\" && $HFS/python/bin/python2.6-64", "pythonCommandsLinux": "export HFS=\"$HQROOT/houdini_distros/hfs.$HQCLIENTARCH\" && $HFS/python/bin/python2.6", "pythonCommandsWindows": "(set HFS=!HQROOT!\\houdini_distros\\hfs.!HQCLIENTARCH!) && !HFS!\\python26\\python2.6.exe", "mantraCommandsLinux": "export HFS=\"$HQROOT/houdini_distros/hfs.$HQCLIENTARCH\" && cd $HFS && source ./houdini_setup && $HFS/python/bin/python2.6 $HFS/houdini/scripts/hqueue/hq_mantra.py", "mantraCommandsMacosx": "export HFS=\"$HQROOT/houdini_distros/hfs.$HQCLIENTARCH\" && cd $HFS && source ./houdini_setup && $HFS/python/bin/python2.6-64 $HFS/houdini/scripts/hqueue/hq_mantra.py", "hythonCommandsMacosx": "export HOUDINI_PYTHON_VERSION=2.6 && export HFS=\"$HQROOT/houdini_distros/hfs.$HQCLIENTARCH\" && cd $HFS && source ./houdini_setup && hython -u", "hythonCommandsWindows": "(set HOUDINI_PYTHON_VERSION=2.6) && (set HFS=!HQROOT!\\houdini_distros\\hfs.!HQCLIENTARCH!) && (set PATH=!HQROOT!\\houdini_distros\\hfs.!HQCLIENTARCH!\\bin;!PATH!) && !HFS!\\bin\\hython -u", "mantraCommandsWindows": "(set HFS=!HQROOT!\\houdini_distros\\hfs.!HQCLIENTARCH!) && !HFS!\\python26\\python2.6.exe !HFS!\\houdini\\scripts\\hqueue\\hq_mantra.py"}
HQPARMS	{"frames": [2], "project_name": "marc_PlaystationLines_Friday", "image_paths": ["//192.168.1.13/x/Houduni/Playstationwaves/render/waves2.pic"], "ifds": ["//192.168.1.13/x/Houduni/Playstationwaves/ifds/2.ifd"], "delete_ifds": false}
Linux Command: 	export HFS="$HQROOT/houdini_distros/hfs.$HQCLIENTARCH" && cd $HFS && source ./houdini_setup && $HFS/python/bin/python2.6 $HFS/houdini/scripts/hqueue/hq_mantra.py
Windows Command: 	(set HFS=!HQROOT!\houdini_distros\hfs.!HQCLIENTARCH!) && !HFS!\python26\python2.6.exe !HFS!\houdini\scripts\hqueue\hq_mantra.py
Macosx Command: 	export HFS="$HQROOT/houdini_distros/hfs.$HQCLIENTARCH" && cd $HFS && source ./houdini_setup && $HFS/python/bin/python2.6-64 $HFS/houdini/scripts/hqueue/hq_mantra.py
Command Output:

Download Output

For the rpc part check the following link:

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini11.0/hom/rpc

If I'm not wrong HQ is built on top of that module.

Which build of HQ are you using? Perhaps it will be better to upgrade to the most recent houdini build.... Sorry, I know it doesn't answer your question. :(

Did you sent messages to the support? I would ask directly the hq developer, since this might be a network issue. :unsure: It's hard to say anything at the moment.

Edited by kubabuk

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone !

I just set up hqueue on one machine that at the moment acts as both server and client. I managed to add another client but says following:

No licenses could be found to run this aplication

Please check for a valid license server host.

My question is: Where do i tell clients where to take licenses form ?

Thanks a lot

k

I have another problem: hqueue is running perfectly, doesn't crash, renders every frame, but: each client takes only one license which results in 6 core machine with ht using one thread. Not ideal. To me it looks like there is cap on how many licenses clients are allowed to take. I am running freshly installed computers with ubuntu 10.10 and I have one master license and 50 mantras. Anyone ever experienced similar issues ?

cheers

k

• 6 years later...

Hello guys!

I can't setup Hqueue for some reason, I tried evrything you just said above, and I also watched the masterclass about distributed simulations in H15. I could add all of my clients to HQueue and the web interface works too, I even can submint simulations to the farm.

But when a clinet pick up the job, almost immeadietly failed the job, and the only thing I got in the output log is: “Could not find output file for job ‘18’.” The other very strange thing is I sliced my simulation into 2 slices, but HQueue only wants to dedicate one machine to the job.

I'm using Deadline for rendering, but now I need distributed simulations.
Please help me if you can!
Thanks!

Cheers!