Rain in Houdini?

chazfest

Hi,

Anyone know how to achieve rain in Houdini?

I read a post about how Hollow Man 2 and the HULK both created their rain effects in Houdini. Needless to say, they look stunning and I'm dying to have a play around on a basic level :D

Any tips (or pointers to a tutorial) to get started would be fantastic!!

Thanks in advance Houdiners!

Chaz

There is a rain tool if you download the fx shelf from SESI. I think you go to the add new shelf arrow and there's a download button... er.. I don't have Houdini in front of me right now and it's been a few months since I've used it, so hopefully that's enough to help you.

<br>Anyway, it's quite usefule for specific instances. I couldn't use it for a film I was on since the camera was moving extremely fast, but for most situations it should be great.

M

yep, I´ve used it and that shelf tool is good enough to create believable rain for mid and long range. It won´t look photoreal at close range though where it´s better to use live footage IMHO.

Superb! Thanks for the tips guys. Have downloaded the shelf and am currently digging into it. Time for some in depth learning me thinks :)

Thanks again for the help :D