spare to type properties parameters

hi,

I'm doing an otl's digital asset and I created all the settings using "edit paramater interface". Now I try to make a handle for this asset, but it 's created the handle into the type properties. My question is, how to move all created spares parameters to standard parameters automatically (there are about 50 :( ) ?

thank you,

Papi

(I hope you understand my english ;) )

hi,

I'm doing an otl's digital asset and I created all the settings using "edit paramater interface". Now I try to make a handle for this asset, but it 's created the handle into the type properties. My question is, how to move all created spares parameters to standard parameters automatically (there are about 50 :( ) ?

thank you,

Papi

(I hope you understand my english ;) )

You should be able to copy the parameters and paste them form the edit parameter interface to the type parameters no guarantee it will work(it used to work...). For future reference, if you already created the properties for the digital asset you should only use type properties to create your parameter. Next time before you create your digital asset set everything up with parameter interface.

I would hate to say, but you should just copy the heart of the node into a new material shader builder and start from scratch. It stinks to redo the work but you'll do it faster the next time. It you give your parameter names a header like dif_color, or refl_color it will help you organize the interface quicker.

You can manually copy parameters but you should be able to do with with a simple Python script.

node = hou.node("pathtonode")
template_group = node.parmTemplateGroup()
node.type().definition().setParmTemplateGroup(template_group)

This extracts the parameter layout, spare parms and all, from the node and then applies that layout to the asset definition, thereby saving all the parameters as actual asset parameters.

Edited by graham

You can manually copy parameters but you should be able to do with with a simple Python script.

node = hou.node("pathtonode")
template_group = node.parmTemplateGroup()
node.type().definition().setParmTemplateGroup(template_group)

This extracts the parameter layout, spare parms and all, from the node and then applies that layout to the asset definition, thereby saving all the parameters as actual asset parameters.

Cool

• 7 years later...