ShadowMatte

I have a boy's head that I am masking out and just rendering the hair on top of it with shadows casting onto the face caused by the hair. The problem I run into is that the shadowmatte will also cast shadows onto itself. Does anyone know how I can stop this?

I have a boy's head that I am masking out and just rendering the hair on top of it with shadows casting onto the face caused by the hair. The problem I run into is that the shadowmatte will also cast shadows onto itself. Does anyone know how I can stop this?

Hi there joel.

Not to sure what your after, but what I got out of this bomb question is here in the snap shot, Actual I was just looking into the render parameters for geomtry in housini, under the rendering Parameters.

Here is the snap shot , You may have even done this and I over lookedpost-2848-129140578243_thumb.jpg the question.

Just for the hell of it.

cheers mangi

Hi there joel.

Not to sure what your after, but what I got out of this bomb question is here in the snap shot, Actual I was just looking into the render parameters for geomtry in housini, under the rendering Parameters.

Here is the snap shot , You may have even done this and I over lookedpost-2848-129140578243_thumb.jpg the question.

Just for the hell of it.

cheers mangi

And one last thing to get the shadow on the face,

You have to get the face object out of the shadow mask in the light linker

Snap shot agian should work fine .

mangi

post-2848-129140781935_thumb.jpg

And one last thing to get the shadow on the face,

You have to get the face object out of the shadow mask in the light linker

Snap shot agian should work fine .

mangi

& The Compo.

Well just for the hell of it , I was curious to see the result .

Of this kind of cool and crazy question.

Here is the compo

good by

mangipost-2848-129140970005_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

one last question on this thread. can linker pane choices be included in takes?

i've only been able to add the display toggle to the take list from the linker pane.

i am surprised that light linking is not 'take-able', so now i doubt conclusions and hope i am wrong.

i've just noticed that using the linker pane in shadow mode just adds objects to the 'shadow mask' field of the light itself.

nice. so, rather than try to use the linker pane in a take, i should just add the shadow mask field in the light to the take.

it would however be nice if an 'Include in take' was available directly on the linker pane lineitems.

Edited by moondeer

one last question on this thread. can linker pane choices be included in takes?

i've only been able to add the display toggle to the take list from the linker pane.

i am surprised that light linking is not 'take-able', so now i doubt conclusions and hope i am wrong.

i've just noticed that using the linker pane in shadow mode just adds objects to the 'shadow mask' field of the light itself.

nice. so, rather than try to use the linker pane in a take, i should just add the shadow mask field in the light to the take.

it would however be nice if an 'Include in take' was available directly on the linker pane lineitems.

• 1 month later...