Any idea about this effect!?

Valentino

Hey houdini wizards,

I have been trying for the last 2 days to figure how to do this thing in houdini and i cant.

http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2010/11/how-to-build-a-softbody-glass-mesh-with-dynamics-in-cinema-4d/

I did it in like 5 mins after watching this tutorial on C4D but i cant figure it out in houdini! Am using the squashy object,rbd objects for the inside balls, tried with cloth . cant make it work!

Anyone know how to tackle this pleaseee....

thanks in advance,

valentino

• 3 weeks later...

hi valentino,

you're on the right track.

Try looking at the "elastic object" shelf tool instead of the squishy object, once you've got your two balls as elastic objects (and a groundplane) jump into the dopnet and bump up the "Stiffness", "Shear", and "Bend" parameters under the "Material" tab. (for an instantly different result just chuck a 0 on the end of each number, as in the file)

As for the inside balls i would be running this as a separate sim AFTER you've simmed the squishy balls.

Have a look in the file there's a (sorta messy) way to get the wire\ball effect as well.

Dave.

squishyBalls.hip