Smoke Path Follow Enhansed

Pazuzu

Hi!!

For the resize thing, i first calculate the min and max values for the density field to calculate a perfect shell to scatter points for the gas resize dop, also transfer to those points the velocity field as N attribute to then peak those points in the velocity direction (rought velocity extrapolation), then merge the peak points with the shell density scatter points.

For the custom velocities, i used the tangent of the path and the gradient of the sdf path to equalize an atraction and a travel velocity along the path; The most important thing is the correct sum of those custom velocities with the next step velocity; I first normalize both vectors and then multiply it with the average of their magnitudes.

For the dissipation and preservation of the advected density, i analize the velocity to threshold based on his magnitude to find the lower and higher advection speed to dissipate and preserve the advected density.

Edited by Pazuzu

• 1 month later...