python syntax highlighting

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marc, no worries.

The extension name is GeSHi and I'm pretty sure this is most common one, I'm not a wiki expert though. I had some problems with using <syntaxhighlight lang="python"> tag. I tend to use <source lang="python"> instead.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi

http://nmrwiki.org/wiki/index.php?title=Posting_source_code

Thanks Marc. I've been meaning to dump a bunch of my internal wiki notes onto the wiki but haven't had the time. I'll see about posting some misc stuff soon. Glad to know highlighting works now. Geshi works pretty well; it's what I use to display all my script content on my toolbox site.

So after dumping a few bits of random info into the wiki I think it might be nice if there was a bit more styling going on to make the code blocks more obvious. Maybe like a slight border and padding, or a little different background color?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Graham,

Sorry I missed this one too.. weird. Anyway, I'm sure there are some things that can be done to the css of the plugin. Do I hear the sounds of a volunteer?

M

Yeah, sure. I was telling Jason a little while ago I was going to email you soon asking if there was any site related things I could help out on. I've got a bunch of free time over the summer I need to keep myself busy.