sparks from pyro

TopNub

I need to do the flying sparks from my simulation pyro. Point clouds (.pc) of Scattering is not good, because the information stored about the position and color only. With a set of voxels bgeo also gives only the position and velocity of only one point (if I understand correctly this is the main velocity).

How do I make flying sparks from the fire in my velocity?

.sorry for my English)

Advect particles by the vel fields generated from the Pyro simulation if I understand you correctly.

Here's the steps I use to bang this out.

- Create a Pyro sim

- DIve in to the lowrespyro object in to SOPs

- Append a Primitive SOP after the volumevisualization1 Volume Visualization SOP

- Go to the Volume tab, enable the "Adjust Border" option, then change the "Border Type" to "Streak". When advecting the points, they will now carry on beyond the vel fields you are about to pass in to POPs.

- Append a Null SOP to the Primitive SOP. Rename this null to "OUT_fields" or whatever you want.

- Move the Display and Render flag to this new Null SOP

Note: The reason you append a Null SOP and move the display and render flags is to make sure the Advect Tool (which you will place shortly) from the shelf picks up the vel fields from SOPs and NOT from the simulation directly. If you leave the display and render flags on their defaults, the Advect Tool will pick up the fields directly from the simulation. I like to cache the fields to disk and this set-up makes it seamless.

Now to add the Particle system.

- Select your pyro source geometry.

- From the Create Particles shelf, select the Source From tool. This will create a particle system in a new object using your initial geometry as the particle source.

- The tool should land you in POPs.

- Deselect everything by clicking in black space in the viewport.

- From the Drive Particles shelf, choose the Advect tool. When prompted, select the lowrespyro object to pick up the fields. Hit enter.

This should append an Advect By Volumes POP after the Source POP with the Velocity Group set to "@name=vel.*

fire_sparks.hip

• Like 2

Hey TopNub

2 ways : POPs with some curl noise or advected particles (better swirly motions)

here is how you do it the POPs way :

- grab the fields from DOPs (vel and burn)

- scatter some point inside burn

- transfer the velocity to the points with and attribfromvolume SOP

- add a pop network with a curl noise ...

have a look here : fire_embers_pops.hip

> for the advected particles, have a look at Peter's tutorial on advected particles, that will give you a starting point : http://www.vimeo.com/12092711

have fun :D

edit : I just saw your post OldSchool. nice one !

I need to do the flying sparks from my simulation pyro. Point clouds (.pc) of Scattering is not good, because the information stored about the position and color only. With a set of voxels bgeo also gives only the position and velocity of only one point (if I understand correctly this is the main velocity).

How do I make flying sparks from the fire in my velocity?

.sorry for my English)

Edited by bunker
  • Like 2