Render View vs MPlay???

A very interesting thing. I noticed it long ago, but decided to write just now.

Here are two variants of my rendering image. The first picture is made by mantra1 ROP in MPlay, and the second picture is made by Render View with same mantra1 ROP.

The second picture is something like anti-aliasing, or as if I thought of another node with a large pixel samples!

Why? What is bug? This is a rendering bug or myself bug? :)

post-6294-131064897614.jpg

post-6294-13106489909.jpg

...and sorry for my English)

A very interesting thing. I noticed it long ago, but decided to write just now.

Here are two variants of my rendering image. The first picture is made by mantra1 ROP in MPlay, and the second picture is made by Render View with same mantra1 ROP.

The second picture is something like anti-aliasing, or as if I thought of another node with a large pixel samples!

Why? What is bug? This is a rendering bug or myself bug? :)

post-6294-131064897614.jpg

post-6294-13106489909.jpg

...and sorry for my English)

What render engine do you use in your mantra rop? I am 90% sure that the render view always uses raytrace even if you have something else set in the mantra rop.

What render engine do you use in your mantra rop? I am 90% sure that the render view always uses raytrace even if you have something else set in the mantra rop.

hmmm... yes, it is, I use micropolygon. Thanks, but I do not remember that the information on this was a documentation ...

Why the RenderView does not use the same render engine as my ROP node? :blink:

Edited by TopNub

hmmm... yes, it is, I use micropolygon. Thanks, but I do not remember that the information on this was a documentation ...

Why the RenderView does not use the same render engine as my ROP node? :blink:

MP is not capable of incremental rendering. If you disable preview in the render view i think it will use MP and the picture should look the same hopefully.