Dissolving of two people into dust.....

cylibral

Hey Guys,

Sorry to bother you guys with this type of thing but I have one shot to do that is bit tricky for me to totally figure out.. It's two people who come together and turn into a pile of sand like the mummy effect and as some one did before using houdini a dissolving girl.. This would be the Effect they showed me

. I don't remember if this has been covered already Forgive me for bringing this up if it has.... I was just wondering what would be the best approach to get this type of effect but with two people who are walking towards eachother that would come together blend turn into a pile of sand...

thanks for any help in advance...

George

hey Luke

thanks for the reply yes i have didn't know if that was a good approach for this... since there both moving. But will start off with it and post it to see if it's good or if i need further help. thanks man..

george

Thanks for the link... I was thinking this approach as well... thanks....

George...

Maybe it would be worth doing your particle sim in houdini then exporting to Krakatoa?

http://code.google.com/p/h2k/

I've been itching to try this!

The problem you'll face if you decide to render with mantra is memory limits.

Although with the reference you provided, it looks like mantra will handle that fine.

I was going to recommend Krakatoa too, but I figured this was just a Houdini thread

If you do use Krakatoa I wouldn't even use Houdini because the main thing about Krakatoa is the partitioning where it randomizes Pflow or thinking particle seeds, meaning it uses one particle system with different seeds and you can partition like 30 times to have like 20 mil particles and the whole sim and render will be under 2 hours

Edited by stephenl

• 1 month later...

I was going to recommend Krakatoa too, but I figured this was just a Houdini thread

If you do use Krakatoa I wouldn't even use Houdini because the main thing about Krakatoa is the partitioning where it randomizes Pflow or thinking particle seeds, meaning it uses one particle system with different seeds and you can partition like 30 times to have like 20 mil particles and the whole sim and render will be under 2 hours

Nice thanks ....

Perhaps the "fake melt" sand effect using fluids might be part of a solution:

Hey Guys,

Sorry to bother you guys with this type of thing but I have one shot to do that is bit tricky for me to totally figure out.. It's two people who come together and turn into a pile of sand like the mummy effect and as some one did before using houdini a dissolving girl..

George

• 1 month later...

Perhaps the "fake melt" sand effect using fluids might be part of a solution:

Thanks Flay sorry for the delayed response that looks great but the effect that was being done was non moving but that one looks awesome... thanks for sharing.. the effect that was being done was just like wind blowing some greenscreen footage into the wind.

thanks everyone for the replies...

george