Curle noise no mb [POP]

Tom

So thing i quite simple.

If I add Curl Noise force in POP and if I change Advection type to Update Postion, motion blur is not working, but if I change it to Update Velocity it is working..

so its supposed to work like that or is it bug?

I almost get mad trying to find why my particles arent giving motion blur :D

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Edited by Tom

So thing i quite simple.

If I add Curl Noise force in POP and if I change Advection type to Update Postion, motion blur is not working, but if I change it to Update Velocity it is working..

so its supposed to work like that or is it bug?

I almost get mad trying to find why my particles arent giving motion blur :D

Thanks in advance,

Tom

This is because in "Update Position" mode, yours particles have velocity == 0. Go and check in Detail View (recommended way of debugging). Common treatment is to use Trial SOP after POPnet to compute velocity from position change between frames.

hth!

skk.

Detail view is almost essential. Change your Houdini look to technical desktop and you will have an overall more pleasant experience.

Actualy I use Detayls view quite often, but due to my lack of experience, I didnt figured out to check velocity ( I event didnt imagine that velocity could somehow be 0-ed out ),

I was for searching mistake in my particle/scene setup, not in particles itself.

Ps. I dont know why, but I feel that there is so many grammar mistakes in my text :D thats probably because I usually fail at english grammar tests.

Edited by Tom