copy and fur

hatrick

hi,

I'm not shure how to sort out the correct data for copying furry objects ... simple example: add fur via shelf to a simple sphere ... i want 100 furry spheres via a copy SOP as a new geo?!... all the attributes get applyed at scene level? in the fur object

thank you

do i really have to rebuild the whole furobject strukture just for copying it ?! ...

hi,

I'm not shure how to sort out the correct data for copying furry objects ... simple example: add fur via shelf to a simple sphere ... i want 100 furry spheres via a copy SOP as a new geo?!... all the attributes get applyed at scene level? in the fur object

thank you

Hi hatrick

about your question

"Is there a similar way to bring all the data into 1 geo ore SOP, so that i can use a copySOP for ALL the data.

for the stamping process it would e nice to have the data "online", so that all parameters are available for stamping ...

"

sorry I have no idea.

Actually I think what you maybe trying to do with the fur system is kind of crazzy to use the copy sop, and i have no idea to do that, It looks for like massive.

well that my opinion,

mangi

Edited by mangi

thanks mangi,

i think i should be no problem and the stuff i have in mind is not that complex ... the problem is getting all the data of a "auto-fursystem in one object ore SOP like the "objectmergeSOP" to pipe everything into the copynode.

Hopefully anyone else can help me further

cheers

L

hi,

here is a test with an objectmerge of the furobject out of the fursystem... for now no stamping just a test how it performs, but it should work ... (8.5 million points via delayed load on my laptop ... mp engine 1 light with a shadowmap ... 7 min rendertime ...)

still the same problem... i only can copy the haircount visible in viewport... the "count at rendertime" attribute gets lost ...

would be really great if someone could bring this further...

cheers

L

post-4387-132424168201_thumb.jpg

one more with the lengthattribute, randomized directly in the original source fursystem...

@ mangi: i don't know how to describe this more precisely ... i'd like to have all the geo copied in the viewport but LOWRES but rendered highres ... if you look at your example "writing out a furry object": only one of the four shaders work after copying the SHOPNET into the new geo.

the goal is a furry charakter copied for a crowdlike shot without loosing the control of the hairsystem (copystamping) because of the copy process...

post-4387-132424292266_thumb.jpg

Edited by hatrick

hatrick.

okay that´skind of what I was thinking that you wanted to do .

It´s a cool idea

It seems that what you are looking for is to make a special digital asset.

Thats where the values are right know . that are hooke up in the one that is made in

the houdini shelf.

Buff it´s kind of late here in madrid right now so I hope some one can go on with this

let me know about any advancements okay , and maybe I can do something aswell in the morning at work. That is is I get anytime.

mangi