pyro burn rate control

cloudfx

In pyro fire,

I am emitting the fire from particle which lives only half second(12 frames) but the fire keeps growing from it continuesly.

I want to make it die really quick.

Tried cooling rate to be really high but no,

Tried burn rate to be really high but no ( in FumeFX if burn rate goes high it becomes explosive but fire die really quickly )

Tried heat source to be "burn" from "source" but no

Tried temparature output to be low and high but no (maybe no dramatically changed it?)

What else would I wanna touch?

In the combustion tab there is a Fuel Inefficiency parameter that controls how your fuel is consumed.

Fuel Inefficiency

Controls how much of the burned fuel is actually not burned, but kept. 0 means all burned fuel is removed from the fuel field. 1 means that no fuel is removed from the fuel field when it is burnt.

There is a really nice post somewhere by bunker(?) explaining how the fields and parameters relates, I just cant find it now.

fuel inefficiency seems not working too.. hmm.. and cooling rate, if I make this one higher value, how come the smoke/fuel goes up?

doesnt it suppose to make the temp cooler faster and make smoke do down instead by theory?

anyways, still working on making the fire die quick.

fuel inefficiency seems not working too.. hmm.. and cooling rate, if I make this one higher value, how come the smoke/fuel goes up?

doesnt it suppose to make the temp cooler faster and make smoke do down instead by theory?

anyways, still working on making the fire die quick.

Check your source field to make sure the particle is actually disappearing: ie use "deforming geometry" to get it to update the particle every frame if it isn't already.

Check your source field to make sure the particle is actually disappearing: ie use "deforming geometry" to get it to update the particle every frame if it isn't already.

Yes, it is and "deforming geometry is on" for sure.

I was able to fix that problem with loading my old version sim file but still dont know which actually cause that.

• 2 weeks later...