The plane fracture.

mergen

Hi all.

I will trying plane fracture ……..

First import a plane with desert from maya to Houdini. ( the plane have animation )

I think the plane hit the desert any place, and then I tried some ways , but first hit the plane flying out …

I wish : the plane hit the desert broken two wings, some small, some big pieces….> like the Image …… My test it doesn't work ,what should i do ? it work for one simple model , but doesn't work for Importing plane

thanks waiting for your answer

post-6797-133497680135_thumb.jpgpost-6797-133497683755_thumb.png

Hi all.

I will trying plane fracture ……..

First import a plane with desert from maya to Houdini. ( the plane have animation )

I think the plane hit the desert any place, and then I tried some ways , but first hit the plane flying out …

I wish : the plane hit the desert broken two wings, some small, some big pieces….> like the Image …… My test it doesn't work ,what should i do ? it work for one simple model , but doesn't work for Importing plane

thanks waiting for your answer

post-6797-133497680135_thumb.jpgpost-6797-133497683755_thumb.png

simplest way to do this would be the fracture tool, make pre-fracture on your wing, group the pre-fractured parts as separated group which attach from your plane's body. Put an object on the ground and make it as static object, and throw your plane on it.

If you want to show more details when plane crash, use cloth, to simulate distorted metal. <-this is not easy to do ^_^

simplest way to do this would be the fracture tool, make pre-fracture on your wing, group the pre-fractured parts as separated group which attach from your plane's body. Put an object on the ground and make it as static object, and throw your plane on it.

If you want to show more details when plane crash, use cloth, to simulate distorted metal. <-this is not easy to do ^_^

Thanks for help ... But question How to group pre fractured piece? if I give RBD the plane How to plow fractured piece The plane body?

if I cut wings(like image) and I give RBD the plane I can flow the wing plane body? this is right way to do this thanks post-6797-133515404906_thumb.png

Thanks for help ... But question How to group pre fractured piece? if I give RBD the plane How to plow fractured piece The plane body?

if I cut wings(like image) and I give RBD the plane I can flow the wing plane body? this is right way to do this thanks post-6797-133515404906_thumb.png

Hi mergen,

Here is the hip file(H12.581)plane_crash.hipnc, very simple example, but you can "expand" on your plane.^_^

and here

Hope this will help.

Edited by nran

Hi mergen,

Here is the hip file(H12.581)plane_crash.hipnc, very simple example, but you can "expand" on your plane.^_^

thanks for reply ..

it's very good . thanks .

I've last question the plane coming and hitting the ground and the fractured piece flying away..<Image> it's not falling down, simple model is ok, but imported model something like that problem , .. how can i do?

post-6797-133525938043_thumb.jpg

again problem: sometimes the fractured object is not hitting the ground(like Image), what is happen I don't know, this week All fractured like this >>>>>....

post-6797-133526003008_thumb.png

if I Export to Maya, <in maya I used smoothed the model for the mental ray, it has material)>the exported model I can be smooth it? or any way to use render this ? ... could I found like Export And rendering tutorial?

before I exported some fracture but I can't give it Material. so could you tell me something about this ? thanks guy .

Again thanks nran . :rolleyes::D

Edited by mergen
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

thanks for reply ..

it's very good . thanks .

I've last question the plane coming and hitting the ground and the fractured piece flying away..<Image> it's not falling down, simple model is ok, but imported model something like that problem , .. how can i do?

post-6797-133525938043_thumb.jpg

again problem: sometimes the fractured object is not hitting the ground(like Image), what is happen I don't know, this week All fractured like this >>>>>....

post-6797-133526003008_thumb.png

if I Export to Maya, <in maya I used smoothed the model for the mental ray, it has material)>the exported model I can be smooth it? or any way to use render this ? ... could I found like Export And rendering tutorial?

before I exported some fracture but I can't give it Material. so could you tell me something about this ? thanks guy .

Again thanks nran . :rolleyes::D

1."it's not falling down" ??? can you record a flipbook?

2."not hitting the ground" go check your collision SDF in Dop, and make sure your collision SDF has the same shape as your ground, also you may want to use an extruded surface as your ground, and then turn this "volume" into your collision object.

for the material,,,, suggest you just use Houdini to do that...no idea where can find such tutorial...just do it in Houdini, it's not that hard.

Edited by nran

1."it's not falling down" ??? can you record a flipbook?

2."not hitting the ground" go check your collision SDF in Dop, and make sure your collision SDF has the same shape as your ground, also you may want to use an extruded surface as your ground, and then turn this "volume" into your collision object.

for the material,,,, suggest you just use Houdini to do that...no idea where can find such tutorial...just do it in Houdini, it's not that hard.

sure like this

peoblem22.mov

I added dynamics the plane body and wings, all dynamics in confusion.

thanks for your idea about rendering ... Maybe I make Sand the hitting surface .. Before I tried sand in Maya with fluid ... do you have any idea about this ...

Sorry this video large size .. in China we can't connect to Vimeo, Youtube or Facebook,The Government always to protect us so you know that .... only using some Skype, so you remain Skype number and email adders. thanks for cooperation, thanks again.

Edited by mergen

If you're using bullet, it defaults to using a convex hull of the geometry for collisions (if you added it as rgd object. If you add it as terrain object it defaults to using the actual geometry)

Try unticking RBD Object -> Collisions -> Bullet Data -> Polygons As Convex Hulls (if it's on)

If you're using RBDs, check if your collision volume is sane by ticking on RBD Object -> Collisions -> Volume -> Show Collision Guide Geometry (you might need to untick Display Geometry to see the volume better)

If you're using bullet, it defaults to using a convex hull of the geometry for collisions (if you added it as rgd object. If you add it as terrain object it defaults to using the actual geometry)

Try unticking RBD Object -> Collisions -> Bullet Data -> Polygons As Convex Hulls (if it's on)

If you're using RBDs, check if your collision volume is sane by ticking on RBD Object -> Collisions -> Volume -> Show Collision Guide Geometry (you might need to untick Display Geometry to see the volume better)

thanks again. it worked I uncheck that. how can I control the gravity by expression ? and then Maybe I make Sand the hitting surface .. Before I tried sand in Maya with fluid, how can i make fluid like sand in Houdini? is't possible ... do you have any idea about this ...