H12 flip emitter rate?

I haven't been able to adjust the emission speed of a source volume node with H12 flips.

The closest I can come is to scale the object down, but that obviously affects the size of the emission as well.

Anybody figure out how to just slow the fluid emission?

Thanks!

Edited by dvfedele

• 1 year later...

dvfedele self answered how to adjust "emission speed ".

However on the post's title the question was about "emission rate" which is something different.

So can anyone  please tell me how can I adjust the "emission rate" when using "Fluid source " and "Source Volume"?

For example how can one  animate the flux of the particles that come out of the volume, while keeping the same fluid resolution? (like gradually closing a water tap)

Surface scale has no effect on the flux except if you set scale=0 which just turns it off...

Edited by dpap

dvfedele self answered how to adjust "emission speed ".

However on the post's title the question was about "emission rate" which is something different.

So can anyone  please tell me how can I adjust the "emission rate" when using "Fluid source " and "Source Volume"?

For example how can one  animate the flux of the particles that come out of the volume, while keeping the same fluid resolution? (like gradually closing a water tap)

Surface scale has no effect on the flux except if you set scale=0 which just turns it off...

Easiest way would be to scale the geo you are sourcing from. Second easiest would be to animate the Particle Separation on the Particle tab of your Fluid Source SOP. The odd way would be to gradually delete points down to 0 after your Fluid Source SOP.

• Like 1

animate the Particle Separation on the Particle tab of your Fluid Source SOP

Thank you for replying Skybar! I think that's the way I'll go.

It generally seems to work but I run into some problems for certain Particle Separation values.

What's the relation between the Particle Separation in the Fluid Source and the FilpObject ?

Should there be a specific ratio ?

I've seen that most example files have these values connected (equal). Is it "legal" to have different  values?

When I set  FlipObject's Particle Separation = 0.02 it works fine

When I set  FlipObject's Particle Separation = 0.01 it just can't handle it...although the particle count is very very low.... :wacko:

Animated Flux file attached

Animated Flux.hip

Yes it is "legal" to change the Particle Sep of a Fluid Source SOP. What it essentially is, is a Points From Volume SOP. If you dive inside you can find it there. Normally you would probably like to keep them equal if you don't have a reason not to.

About the Particle Sep on your Flip Object DOP, it works at 0.01 - but you have turned off "Dynamically Resize Fields", so it has to compute the voxels for the entire box straight from the start. Which is around 35million as it turns out. Turn that back on and you should see increased speed. If your Flip expands too much you will probably run into the same problem again, because you have more voxels then, so it could be it is too high for your computer to handle. So just up the Particle Sep a bit.

• Like 1

"so it has to compute the voxels for the entire box straight from the start"     Good info!!!  Now it's faaaaast even when Part. Sep. =0.01!!!

Oops... Now with Part.Sep = 0.01 it doesn't collide with the terrain. When 0.02 it does!!!

What's  Part.Sep has to do with collisions???

:( the fun never stops............