point number locking

Hi,

I have a grid and uv attribute using cam project.

I attribute copied uv from the grid's first frame time shift(locked to frame 1) since I am animating the grid but want to have the uv data at frame 1.

It is working so far but once I delete some point on the grid, the uv order get messed up since the point number get changed.

How would I fix this/work around this?

Thanks,

Are you sure you really need to copy the attribute? Sounds like you could just do the UVProject on the base mesh before any animation.

If you really need to, you could add an id attribute to the base mesh, with an initial value of $PT. Then copy your uvs with a point("../timeshift1", $ID, "uv", 0 ) etc

edit: ohh, sadhu was faster

Edited by eetu

Are you sure you really need to copy the attribute? Sounds like you could just do the UVProject on the base mesh before any animation.

If you really need to, you could add an id attribute to the base mesh, with an initial value of $PT. Then copy your uvs with a point("../timeshift1", $ID, "uv", 0 ) etc

edit: ohh, sadhu was faster

Yes, I did deleting after the uv copying to my original mesh with rested position.

I am getting my mesh from cloth solver, and when it tears off point number gets increased.

I solved this problem with attribute copy to Vertices, not Points and it is now working.

Thanks !