H12 PYRO Hi res stops at 250 frame

blackchicken

• 2 weeks later...

hard to help with so little info...

Hello

I have little problem with PYRO. I simulate say 800 frames of low res pyro, there is all ok, and add Hi-res but after 250 frame smoke stops and stay on place.Miss i something? Thanks a lot.BC.

Probably not enough memory or something. Had the same issue when I was working with voronoi fracture Dop. Increasing maximum fractures param cause the houdini stops in one frame during the simulation.

I guess you have extra Hi-res grid.

Thanks a lot guys. I slightly upgrade graphic card and add ram. Now 16Gb(8Gb before). Save money for new machine build specialy for H12 in near future. But I finnd, that frame stops always on frame where my timeline ends. Say I have 250 but final I set 1000. But maybe there was not connection with this.

But there is another problem. Look at the flip. I try Up-res in H12. It create new dop, which I really lie, but there is some mistake. Low res is 0.2 and I only add upres 0.1, thats all. Down is colliding ground so.....Container just jump down. Any idea?

Another question, Is there some topics about shading pyro? I love stuff like this

junyoung kim says something about displacement on shader based on calculating vector on 3D noise :blink: any info about this? Means that I could handle with 0.1 resolution and add extra details with shader?

Thanks a lot guys.