magneto

How to blur point colors?

I have a Grid with some point colors. Is there a way to blur them so the point colors get blurred like an image?

I couldn't think of anything, but here is how they look right now:

J4wGi.png

How about the oddly enough named Smooth SOP set to Color? :)

edit: ohh, ehsan won :)

Edited by eetu
  • Like 1

Guest mantragora

You may check this. I found it in some odforce/sesi topic. Don't remember who's the author.

AttributeBlur.zip

• Like 1

Thanks alot guys, super useful. I didn't inspect Smooth SOP enough to realize it had options to blur colors and other attributes :)

But that made me also curious as to whether you could achieve other types of blurs. Like what about radial blur? Pretty sure this is not built-in, right? If not, then how would you do it? VOPs?

Also in the case of Radial Blur, just like the Smooth SOP, I am thinking of being able to apply to any attribute.

EDIT: That attribute blur OTL is great and pretty fast too. I can't see which line in the code does the blurring though.

Edited by magneto

You could always mantra-u it and treat it in COPs, then bring it back to SOP level if you don't have enough geo to smooth the attribute across.

• Like 1

Thanks Christian, how would a basic setup of that be like? You render the geometry from top down and reference it in COPs?

You could also use and attribute transfer sop and wire the your colored grid into both inputs. Then make sure you set it to sample from more than 1 point and play with the radius a bit.

• Like 1