Voronoi fracture questions

poppy

Hi,

I'm learning voronoi fracture and have some problem.

1.Where is the Group option in DOP's voronoi (fractureparms node)? The SOP version has it in voronoifracture node.

2.I projected texture onto the object. How can I make it "stick" to the surface, not sliding coz the projection?

3.The surface is too sharp. How can I add some brittle or bevel-like effect?

Thank you

post-7181-134133364051_thumb.jpg

If you lock the UV Project node on the first frame the texture should stick.

Thanks for reply

I used UVTexture node and set texture type to Prespective from camera. When I clicked lock on the node, it freeze everything including the fractured geometry from DOP.

Maybe some explain of what I'm trying to achieve.

1.create a ground geometry (done)

2.project texture onto it (done) + bake it (need help can't make the projected texture stay there)

3.fracture it (done)

4.assign material to inside group of fractured object (need help can't find the create group option in DOP's voronoi)

5.debries (tried shelf tool, no thing happen)

and I here my hip file.

:)

voronoi_shot.hip

If you lock the UV Project node on the first frame the texture should stick.

I was too noob to understand your advise, but after some searching I found that your method really work :P.

The problem was the file SOP that I cached the sim files. The cached sim has no locked UV data.

I moved the UVTexture node up before dopimport, lock it, and re-sim. Add material sop after dopimport, AND IT WORK!

I spend the whole night try to tackle this. omg I wish I could buy you beer!

(However, I still can't find inside/ outside/ pieces group frop fractureparms node)

Edited by poppy

• 4 weeks later...

Can I add my questions here?

Why are manualy-fractured objects can explode after the start the simulation? (see attachment)

How to procedurally separate pieces for static (outside of the fracturing radius points) and kinematic RBD solvers?

Thanks.

post-8436-134339016507_thumb.png

Edited by elecstorm

Make sure to bring the object in as a RBD Fractured Object, this works most of the time.

If that does not help set up more sub-steps or try to create a glue constraint controlling object activation....

Or if it needs to be a fast sim(look development) the scale each piece down a bit, so that your edges do not touch, simulate the scene, run a for for each on the imported pieces.

In the foreach create a point in the center of each simulated piece, then bring the original not simulated pieces into the same for each and copy them on the new point.

This should speed up your workflow a lot and still give u decent results, especially if you add debri systems and dust.

oh and to create the debri system simply scatter points on the inside group of the fracture objects and bring them into a popsop.

in there you can give the point what ever behavior you want to, and then copy your debri geo with a stamp function onto the points.

check out the cmivfx tutorial on fracturing....

it is not the best, but has a very strung foundation

Cheers,

Juri

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure to bring the object in as a RBD Fractured Object, this works most of the time.

If that does not help set up more sub-steps or try to create a glue constraint controlling object activation....

Or if it needs to be a fast sim(look development) the scale each piece down a bit, so that your edges do not touch, simulate the scene, run a for for each on the imported pieces.

In the foreach create a point in the center of each simulated piece, then bring the original not simulated pieces into the same for each and copy them on the new point.

This should speed up your workflow a lot and still give u decent results, especially if you add debri systems and dust.

oh and to create the debri system simply scatter points on the inside group of the fracture objects and bring them into a popsop.

in there you can give the point what ever behavior you want to, and then copy your debri geo with a stamp function onto the points.

check out the cmivfx tutorial on fracturing....

it is not the best, but has a very strung foundation

Cheers,

Juri

Thanks for your answer. I think, create-clusters-option makes concave pieces. That's why they explode. I turned it off, and simulation works fine.