Interior lighting

Hello

Im modeling some interior scene and my frend will render final in Max Vray. But Im very interested in how to achive same results in lighting interior like in Vray. There is my attempt. I dont thing its bad for qick settings, bud one thing. My sunlight (sharper area light) shine thru geometry, just look at the picture. So I extrude walls to have a volume, check normals but it does not help. I use PBR 2 Diff bounces PIX samples 12 (still some noise),Noise level 0.009, Color space gamma 2.2, color limit 5. Enw light portal geo + gi light Indirec global photon with 1mil photons. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.....BC.......

post-4005-134476718321_thumb.jpg

There is hip, no texture. Could be nice, if there is somebody who has some experience with PBR and interior scenes, to show us right setup for proper render. Ofcourse with minimal render time and no noise. To compare with beautiful Vray renders. Thanks a lot....BC.....

T_05_36_odforce.hip

Andrew from SESI did a video about portal light setup and as well as PBR and Mantra in general.

Why it is incorparable with Vray? Do you thing that render time in mantra will be 2-3 times bigger than in Vray?

Andrew from SESI did a video about portal light setup and as well as PBR and Mantra in general.

Yes i know it it, this setup is basicaly from this tutorial.

I just want to know why light go throught wall even if wall has volume. Thanks a lot.

in interiors vray with bruteforce and lighcache will be MUCH more faster.

more than 3 times.

and if pay attention that with lighcache there is no lightbounce's limit vray start looking very impressive :).

lighcache is an alternative to photonmaps and its much better and suitable for full object and camera animations without flickering.

in my opinion - all that SideFX should do its implement vray's lightcache analog.

then mantra will be best renderer in the world :)

Edited by qbick

It's not PBR doing that, it's the photons. Play with the photon prefiltering, it seems to be main culprit, blending in bright photons from where light should not be able to propagate.

Play with the filtering settings, and increasing the Photon Distance Threshold can help with problem areas.