Glass shatter

TopNub

Hello everybody! Please help me with an assignment.

I got a bullet that must brake glass, vase and go through them.

I have four problems:

1) I can't make a partition of glass so it looks like a real broken glass. I found a small example in this forum, where the points are taken on the basis of a circular spline, but it still does not look like a real glass. Look at the pictures. There is an idea to set points directly on the picture, but I want this system like Asset, which does something similar.

2) The second problem is the lack of strength of impact of the bullet. Usually I have it only passes through the first layer of glass and then stuck in a vase. How to make a shot powerful enough so the bullet flew through all the objects as real?

3) The third problem: Both the glass and the vase, are gotten broken where the bullet gets them. But when big pieces of glass fall on the ground they don't break to smaller pieces. If I just add the number of points for the Voronoy, then in the simulation they all break in the first frame. How can I make the large pieces to break not only in the air, but also then they contact with the ground and other pieces. Got any ideas?

4) The last issue - I do not understand how to translate all of this simulation to 400 FPS. If I'm just translating, then the bullet looses speed and it doesn't pass through the glass. How should I do this? Should I do through DOP or other method in SOP?

post-6294-134813659189_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much for your help! Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I didn't work much with RBD.

glass_crash_v02.mov

vase_03.hipnc

vase from: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/vase-3d-model/516091

Hi TopNub,

Have you seen this set of lessons from SideEffects?

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1875&Itemid=262

The lessons are for fluids but they have the necessary files of the bullet plus shattering glass... You can reverse engineer it and see what's useful for you!

hope this helps!

• Like 1