stretching using timewarp on cache

Is there a posibility to calculate substeps on a cache file?

I have tried to used time warp for stretching the cache for example from frame 1 in to -> to 1 to 50 but it just gave me frame first or the second frame.

for example: i shatter a glass thats falling using fractureparms with 25fps. now i want to use it at 300fps

or also i want to use the cache to be a collision on later aplied water simulations

thnx

http://youtu.be/h2GupSHP_oM

I would also vote for the timeshift technique with an animated frame parameter as Darric suggested.

If you are using any kind of dynamic fracturing you need to make sure to generate unique ids. To do this I normally use a combination of point numbers and $DOPOPJECTID (make sure you enable this in your dopimport). To get consistent point numbers I separate each piece with a for each node.

I've attached an exemplary hip file with the important parts to show you the nodes and expressions I use.

To work efficiently with this be sure to cache your simulation first ;)

-dennis

dynamic_retime.hip

Edited by dennis.weil

• 3 weeks later...

I would also vote for the timeshift technique with an animated frame parameter as Darric suggested.

If you are using any kind of dynamic fracturing you need to make sure to generate unique ids. To do this I normally use a combination of point numbers and $DOPOPJECTID (make sure you enable this in your dopimport). To get consistent point numbers I separate each piece with a for each node.

I've attached an exemplary hip file with the important parts to show you the nodes and expressions I use.

To work efficiently with this be sure to cache your simulation first ;)

-dennis

thnx... im not that familiar with houdini jet.

you sayed: If you are using any kind of dynamic fracturing you need to make sure to generate unique ids.

well im working with a cached file. Is it then still posible to generate the unique ids if you dont have the dynamics anymore?

thnx