two sided texture sequence

Omy

Hi I want to have different textures applied to each side of the box.

there are copies of box and i want also to have the texture to be as a texture sequence

how this can be done using a shader or as using a color map.

I have a two sided texture material

would be great if some one could help with my setup

double_sided_textures.hipnc

You shader right now is twosided but with respect to the normal, what is correct when reading title of this topic. when You invert the primitives they render the second texture.

but in the text it seems more like you want to have different textures per primitive(side) of the boxes. without taking the normal into consideration. if this is the case there are several ways to do this . Like:

-You can assing a primitive variable that contains the prim id and then use that variable to switch between textures at the render (in vex)

-You can assign a primitive string variable per polygon that contains the path to the teuxture You want on that side and use this variable to drive the texture map parameter at the render stage

hi Martin,

could you tell me where the images are pointed.I see that there is only one texture map,but in the render the result looks ok for one box..

and also how to make this work if there a copies of box.i want to have each random textures as an image sequence applied to front and back side of the boxes

hi Martin,

could you tell me where the images are pointed.I see that there is only one texture map,but in the render the result looks ok for one box..

and also how to make this work if there a copies of box.i want to have each random textures as an image sequence applied to front and back side of the boxestwo_textures_o1.hip

hi Martin,

and also how to make this work if there a copies of box.i want to have each random textures as an image sequence applied to front and back side of the boxestwo_textures_o1.hip

Examine Material SOP (/obj/box_object1/material1). There is one local override of the "map" parameter in shader which points to a different texture map.

you mean side faces of the box?

there are literally no uvs on them for now (0,0,0), but you can just add them to the box prior to copy

there is as well no texture assigned to them (which can put weird rubbish in there), you can do that by filling in the map parameter on your shader

or assign to map attribute as it's done for front and back

or you mean front and back sides?

the whole face will be in 0-1 uv space (back is actually in 1-2, but that doesn't matter it you use tiling, default) so unless that faces aspect ratio matches the image aspect ratio, it will be distorted

so you can either correct the ratio of the box or manipulate uvs