Meshing Flip Fluids

JuriBryan

Hey everyone!

I am creating some simple flip simulations right now and all the simulations work perfectly fine.

The problem is when I want to mesh the flip particles to a surface to export to the lighting department.

Some how I always get a perfect sphere that moves around in the surface and outside of it.

I can't simply delete it since it moves around and has changing polycount.

I went through different threats and tutorials but no one seamed to encountered this problem.

The settings on the particlefluidsurface node to not change anything when changed, besides the appearance of the entire fluidsurface but the sphere is still there messing it all up.

Any Ideas on setting or other methods for flip meshing?

or a link to a good threat that goes over particle shading, if meshing does not work I will have to go down that rout.

Cheers and thanks for the help in advance,

Juri

One thing to check: are you inputting also the volumes into the particlesurfacer node? The volume primitives have a single point in its center, and the surfacer sees those as well as the flip particles.

Edited by eetu

okay thanks for the tip.

That seams to be the problem, but I can't seam to be able to delete only the volumes.

When I lay down a delete and specify the names of the volumes the particles disappear as well.

any idea to fix this?

Cheers,

and thanks again.

Juri

That seams to be the problem, but I can't seam to be able to delete only the volumes.

When I lay down a delete and specify the names of the volumes the particles disappear as well.

Yea, it takes a couple of tries for me too, every time :)

Entity: Points / Geometry Type: Volume / Pattern: * seems to work for me.

This very same thing bit me a while ago, and it's usually made even worse because those volume primitive points do not have a pscale attribute and it seems to default to 1.0 ...

yea it gets really annoying.

especially if you disable the other geometry's and they overlay the strange sphere. and then on render time you get a strange artifact in the middle of you mesh an you have no idea why.

That got me 5 times already really time consuming.

Juri ,

It should be just as easy as rop output from the particlefluidsurface with the v attribute ?

Can you put up that basic hip that you have so we can see how your are making this.

here is a flip with the export bgeo for lighting

Mangi

ODF.rar

post-2848-0-95049400-1359196244_thumb.jp

Juri ,

It should be just as easy as rop output from the particlefluidsurface with the v attribute ?

yea that works like a charm if you only import the particles from dops.

The problem only appears when importing fields, like the surface and velocity fields and maybe even a tangent map for different viscosity's and such.

then the primitives, the volumes, create just like eetu described a extra point in the middle of the each field. and the particlesurfce node meshes those points as well.

so what I did now, was to delete every geometry with a add node and added a particle system, after that I cleaned every attribute besides velocity and every group of of the particle system. now the meshing works fine, but takes a bit longer.

I am outputing it right now, will upload a file using a single frame of the cache when the process is done.

Cheers,

Juri

well getting it out is very very straight forward.

just watch the flip waterfall tutorial on sidefx.com

it shows how to bring in different fields into sops from your DoP simulation.

I can't upload the actual scene, since it is from production.

But just take a look at the tutorial they go over everything.

Cheers,

Juri

Well In your bgeo that you first export I see 3 primitives .

I saw that tutorial you mention awhile back

I guess you have to use those nodes similar to what your using somehow.

I can´t go through a tutrorial to figure out an issue you have.

Send something yoiu sent a noncomercial version I just need to send the nodes send a snapshot or something

where your doing the first export

mangi

post-2848-0-06762600-1359230001_thumb.jp

meshes_lighting.rar