microsolver gas project non divergent

nap

Hey folks,

Does anybody know how to use the "Goal Divergence" and the "Pressure" in the "Gas Project Non Divergent"? Whenever I try to inject a field the particles go crazy.

Would be nice to get something like a explanation or example file.

Thanks

The Gas Project Non-Divergent is used to solve volume loss in the velocity field. You don't need the pressure field. The most important is the surface field (scalar) and the velocity field (vector). You can supply a divergence field to force expansion or contraction in certain area's. Imagine any artistic reason to do so or things like fast growing explosions. You can supply a collision field as well to stop the velocity flowing into collision objects. This is a important step in solving the collisions.

Thanks Nerox for the quick reply.

But unfortunately I already know that. I suppose that I did not make myself clear. What I try to achieve is to modify the Divergence Field that the fluid/particles are only able to move to specific volumes. Something like a "sluggish" compensation field against all other forces and that's why I mentioned the pressure field.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Looking forward.

• 1 year later...

Hello Nerox and Nap :) I'm sorry to up this topic.

I'm wondering if you know how works the Gas Project Non Divergent to compute pressure field ? because I don't know what I need to type in each text area.

Thank you a lot if you can help me

Edited by sliver