How to Use Alembic ROP "Partition Attribute"?

WangHuan

The attribute has to be a primitive attribute of type "string". Your "test" attribute is an integer. The hint is in the parm roll-over help for the Attribute parameter on the Alembic ROP.

All you need to do is add an Attribute Create SOP, create your named attribute (say "piece") based on $TEST and make sure that it is a string type. Then in the ROP Output driver, specify your attribute (in this case "piece" as the string primitive attribute) and you will create your pieces.

• Like 1

Oh,This is my fault.I type the wrong format(now,I know the right format should be "@name==*" , forgive my stupidity.) in the Partition Attribute,so It give me a"Houdini Console".

Follow the Old School 's method,It is working!thanks to you,Master Old School.

But,I encountered a new problem that if I use two (or more) PRIMITIVE geometry(Primitive Type:Primitive)merge together.and then add a connectivity SOP and a Attribute Create SOP,type the attribute in the Alembic Partition Attribute,I can get the right pieces objects.But if I use two(or more)POLYGON geometry(Primitive Type:Polygon)merge together,and then ... ... ,it doesn't work.

In the convert SOP ,it haven't a function to convert a polygon to a primitive.and I don't know how to add a "polygon attribute" like a primitive attribute.

If you can't understand my bad English.Please download my file.I think it will help you understand my problem. :)

exportGEO_problem.hip

ABC.zip

• 2 weeks later...