Turns out that changing bt_cindex was not causing the crash. It was from removing a property associated with a compound object and not forcing it to update before solving. A btModify SOP with "update" set to 1 fixes this.

It's still a bug. I check the code, but I can't find a problem. If you can send me your scene, or created new one with this crash, it would help :)

Hey Milan!

I have been using your tool a lot in the last days and it really proves to be very flexible! Great work and thanks again!

One thing though, I couldn't get working correctly: I would like to apply some rotational force in addition to my directional blast. Turning point force on does apply torque and it already looks more realistic - but its too strong and it seems to be applied on top of the direction. -So how to apply a rotational force only?

-I could just use btmodify and set an initial angular velocity - but using it as a force seems easier to control and a bit faster.

Hey Milan!

I have been using your tool a lot in the last days and it really proves to be very flexible! Great work and thanks again!

One thing though, I couldn't get working correctly: I would like to apply some rotational force in addition to my directional blast. Turning point force on does apply torque and it already looks more realistic - but its too strong and it seems to be applied on top of the direction. -So how to apply a rotational force only?

-I could just use btmodify and set an initial angular velocity - but using it as a force seems easier to control and a bit faster.

thanks,

I'm just checking bullet SDK and There is function which is called applyTorque(vector), but I didn't implement it, so At this moment The only way is to use angular velocity.

I will add it to BulletSOP, but v2.0.8 doesn't include it :(

Edited by MilanSuk

Thank you for this Bullet integration! I´m sure this will be a very helpful addition to the standard physics.

Thanks,

please download the latest version, there is a lot of optimalizations under the hood!

• 5 months later...