is it possible to activate RDB Use Deforming Geometry separately for e

Babak

Hi Guys,

is it possible to activate RDB Use Deforming Geometry separately for each $OBJ or it works only for the whole Geometry?

some expression like this : point("/obj/geo1/OUT",$OBJ,"Cd",0)

thanks,

you can mix it with active value as you wish

so you can have pieces with

Active Value 0 and Deforming 0 -> passive, static

Active Value 0 and Deforming 1 -> passive, but will update from sops, therefore following sop animation (with deformation as well)

Active Value 1 and Deforming 0 -> active, therefore reacting to forces, but not updating geometry

Active Value 1 and Deforming 1 -> active, deforming self explanatory

so only thing you need to do is create another attribute on the points let's call it active and control active value with it (you can set it to update always if you want to animate it)

then just mix your desired combination of RBDs

Edited by anim
  • Like 1

you can mix it with active value as you wish

so you can have pieces with

Active Value 0 and Deforming 0 -> passive, static

Active Value 0 and Deforming 1 -> passive, but will update from sops, therefore following sop animation (with deformation as well)

Active Value 1 and Deforming 0 -> active, therefore reacting to forces, but not updating geometry

Active Value 1 and Deforming 1 -> active, deforming self explanatory

so only thing you need to do is create another attribute on the points let's call it active and control active value with it (you can set it to update always if you want to animate it)

then just mix your desired combination of RBDs

I have the same problem, but a dont find the way with "Use Deforming Geometry" and "point("../../Active_Points/OUT_PASSIVE_POINTS",$OBJ,"passive",0)" expression points... or swicth solvers...

Tomas, do you have any example scene with this technique?

This is my test scene Prototype.rar

Thanks

Edited by MacPla

the object in your video is not deforming, it's just translating, you can do it easily with object transform

EDIT: I see you have updated your previous post with example file, but from looking at it it still seems like no deformation is occuring or need to occur, since the sphere is just rolling, so you can apply the same principle as in this file

rbd_active_movingobj.hip

Edited by anim

the object in your video is not deforming, it's just translating, you can do it easily with object transform

EDIT: I see you have updated your previous post with example file, but from looking at it it still seems like no deformation is occuring or need to occur, since the sphere is just rolling, so you can apply the same principle as in this file

I really need to work on a deformed geometry, I tested your scene but this principle does not work in my sample scene "02_Choreography_Simple_Break.hip" inside "Prototype.rar"

Thanks

of course it doesn't work on deforming, but your prototype scene looks like you can avoid deforming geometry

if instead of animating on sop level and caching it you directly animate on obj level since your ball doesn't have to deform to achieve the same rolling motion. Putting some thought into what is necessary or not can save you valuable computation time so unnecessarily forcing RBDs to use deforming geometry for cases where it can be avoided is great vaste of resources anyway not to mention that it complicates your life in thinking how it can work

but back to the topic

you didn't use modified RBD Fractured Object DOP from my first example so per object deforming geometry will not work anyway

here is working example on your prototype scene with deforming geo with some addition of velocity transfer (needs the caches from your prototype.rar)

but still if it doesn't have to be deforming I advise you to use just object transforms and everything will be much faster

Choreography_Break_deforming.hip

Edited by anim

of course it doesn't work on deforming, but your prototype scene looks like you can avoid deforming geometry

if instead of animating on sop level and caching it you directly animate on obj level since your ball doesn't have to deform to achieve the same rolling motion. Putting some thought into what is necessary or not can save you valuable computation time so unnecessarily forcing RBDs to use deforming geometry for cases where it can be avoided is great vaste of resources anyway not to mention that it complicates your life in thinking how it can work

but back to the topic

you didn't use modified RBD Fractured Object DOP from my first example so per object deforming geometry will not work anyway

here is working example on your prototype scene with deforming geo with some addition of velocity transfer (needs the caches from your prototype.rar)

but still if it doesn't have to be deforming I advise you to use just object transforms and everything will be much faster

Thanks Tomas.... it works like a charm!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

but back to the topic

i'am wonder about :connect emptyObject with sopGeometry by applyData or connect emptyObejct with sopGeometry,any different? Thanks so much.