Use a dops field in point cloud with flip?

Skybar

I have a field in dops which is creating an attribute on some flip particles. That all works fine and dandy, however I want that attribute to be spread across adjacent particles - but only within a set radius with falloff. I tried with a point cloud setup, and it basically spread across all of the particles until there were none left unaffected.

I then realized I probably did it wrong, I need to include the field in the setup somehow. So to spread from field -> flip, rather than flip -> flip which was what I did.

I don't really know how to do that though, even normal point clouds is still a bit of a grey area for me. Is it possible? Does anyone have any ideas to set me off in the right direction?

Ah why didn't I think of that, both blurring it a bit and sticking a ramp in the vopsop seems to work great. Thank you!

One more question though, right now I am applying this through a SOP Solver with a VOPSOP; is it possible to do it only with a Geometry VOP DOP? I can't figure out what to write to bring in the Geometry to the Point Cloud Open. In the VOPSOP for example I just plug the geo into the first input and write op:`opinputpath(".",0)` (in the textfield for the promoted paramater Point Cloud Texture).