Problem with the AxyzBundle

Hi !

I've got problems installing the AxyzBundle stuff on Houdini ( recently put in the Codex section)

I'm using H6.5.40 Apprentice on Mandrake9.2. The prompt tell me to check/modify the file permissions. I did it but it doesn't change anything.

Maybe i put it in a wrong folder.

i feel abit stupid about that. ( hem, is it an OTL file?)

Thx for help

The prompt tell me to check/modify the file permissions. I did it but it doesn't change anything.

Maybe you had the same problem as Stremik, so check this thread first. Although you're using Linux, so...

When you download it, you should get a file with the extension ".tgz" (it has been tarred and gzipped -- I believe most windows compression programs can recognize this, no?).

When you unpack it, it expands into a subdirectory called "AxyzBundle1" which contains a README.txt file, two demo hip files, and a houdini subdirectory with about seven otl files.

Is that what you see ?

Cheers.

Guest xionmark
When you download it, you should get a file with the extension ".tgz" (it has been tarred and gzipped -- I believe most windows compression programs can recognize this, no?).

When you unpack it, it expands into a subdirectory called "AxyzBundle1" which contains a README.txt file, two demo hip files, and a houdini subdirectory with about seven otl files.

Is that what you see ?

Cheers.

Hi Mario,

Actually when I unpack the archive I get a single file ... I'm on WIN-XP (I tried it a few times to make sure). Anyone else have this problem?

--Mark

Guest xionmark

Flippin' Windows! I gunzip'd the archive on a UNIX box, the resulting file didn't have a .tar extension. It succesfully untarred but am thinking that Windows got confused because once the archive was unzipped, and there was no .tar extension, Windows didn't know what to do as it *still* depends on file extensions to determine file type. Flippin' Windows!!!

Anywho, thanks for putting this together Mario!

--Mark

Actually when I unpack the archive I get a single file ... I'm on WIN-XP (I tried it a few times to make sure).  Anyone else have this problem?

Hey Mark,

LOL, and here I was thinking that .tgz was sort'a "standard-ish"... that'll learn me! :P

I'm guessing your problem is also related to your browser somehow (i.e: it tries to be "smart" about it and uncompresses it the wrong way as it downloads). Either that, or you're getting the correct file, and whatever you're using to uncompress it doesn't understand tar? (hard to believe)... or maybe....hmmmm.... maybe this is MS' evil ploy to do away with tar altogether.... mmmmuuuuaaaahhahahahaha! :ph34r:

I'm seriously thinking about resubmitting it as a straight zip -- I just didn't give it a second thought at the time.

Sorry for all the trouble, people. :(

Guest xionmark
LOL, and here I was thinking that .tgz was sort'a "standard-ish"... that'll learn me! :P

I'm seriously thinking about resubmitting it as a straight zip -- I just didn't give it a second thought at the time.

I'd say it was operator error on my part ...

:-)