reverse rigid dynamics effect

kare

Hi,

I am currently struggling to create reverse rigid dynamic,

something like this

But instead of cubes, I have a voronoi fracture pieces.

I found a way by using attractor but its not accurate and having some problems.

Could anyone suggest a good idea to achieve this kind of effect.

but that does not mean that you can't use a reverse animation.

You can build the shape and release the pieces step by step with a glue network, and then reverse the cache.

That way you still have the shape in the end, exactly the shape you build and you have the motion and the pieces at the beginning of your animation. since you can sculpt the velocity with forces to get he motion you want.

Any other way would take to much time in R&D, at least try it.

Cheers,

Juri

Other way would be using sop solver to create a force for each particle to go for the original position, but one problem will be to orient them correctly... but using the reverse method will be much faster anyway...

• 1 year later...

The reverse-cache option sounds nice n promising. Most of all it sounds simple (And I believe it should look realistic as well). I'm trying to achieve a similar effect, but am wondering on how to fracture the main geometry into uniform-sized cubes. Any ideas?

Edited by -nöm-

Thanks cubi, I shall give it a shot. At the moment I am achieving something similar by plugging in a "points from volume" SOP into the second input of  a Voronoi Fracture SOP.
Uniform distribution of points using specific values is providing me to break down my geometry into constant-sized cubes.

However this would seem to work only on a symmetrical geometry.

I'll try around for better alternatives.

In this case, I think the reverse will not give the best effect. The most simple way (I think) is using packed prims with a multisolver and use pop vops to control the pieces animation.

Create a normalized vector (destinyP - P) to create a force pointing the destiny position. Once that is working, the next problem will be rotation. When you get that, ask and I will post a solution...