MilanSuk

First of all. Amazing work Milan!

Do you or anyone else know if it is possible to have different forces affect specific object indexes? I've tried a few things but nothing seems to be working so far.

Thanks

Thank you!

Can you be more specific about what do you want to achieve?

Every force can be Central(translation) or Torque(rotation) or Both.

Of course you can apply more forces on one object, so you can create force(translation) and force(rotation) for same object with different scale!

Thank you!

Can you be more specific about what do you want to achieve?

Every force can be Central(translation) or Torque(rotation) or Both.

Of course you can apply more forces on one object, so you can create force(translation) and force(rotation) for same object with different scale!

I'd like to apply forces to some objects and different forces to other objects. 

for example:

I have 50 cubes being pulled by a central force along a curve and I have 50 spheres with a magnet force along the same curve.

So I'd expect the spheres to be pushed along some of the curve by the cubes.

Does this make sense?

Edited by Mumble

I'd like to apply forces to some objects and different forces to other objects. 

for example:

I have 50 cubes being pulled by a central force along a curve and I have 50 spheres with a magnet force along the same curve.

So I'd expect the spheres to be pushed along some of the curve by the cubes.

Does this make sense?

Sorry for late answer!

I'm not sure If I get it. But If you have moving rigid bodies and you want to apply forces from these dynamic objects to other objects(attract surrounding objects, ...). You can make this very simple. Just load/read object properties from previous frame with btLoader and then copy forces on these points(object properties).

Edited by MilanSuk

Sorry for late answer!

I'm not sure If I get it. But If you have moving rigid bodies and you want to apply forces from these dynamic objects to other objects(attract surrounding objects, ...). You can make this very simple. Just load/read object properties from previous frame with btLoader and then copy forces on these points(object properties).

That's not quite what I meant but that's useful to know. I think my problem should be more simple than that.

I have attached a very simple adapted version of your 'forces_magnet' example to try and explain it.

I would like the corresponding colours to affect each other whilst still interacting simultaneously.

Thanks

examples_v12a_tb.hipnc

That's not quite what I meant but that's useful to know. I think my problem should be more simple than that.

I have attached a very simple adapted version of your 'forces_magnet' example to try and explain it.

I would like the corresponding colours to affect each other whilst still interacting simultaneously.

Thanks

What about this?

New/Changed nodes are black!

examples_v12a_tb.hipnc

• Like 1

What about this?

New/Changed nodes are black!

That's it! Only now that I've seen it in action do I notice that the object (under forces) tab is described in the docs. I was using the example scenes as my documentation so I kind of missed it as I don't think it is used this way.  Thanks very much. I've been able to replace the foreach with a pointgenerate, copysop, attribpromote (to get min index) and attrib copy and it's 10-20 times faster now at this scale.

That's it! Only now that I've seen it in action do I notice that the object (under forces) tab is described in the docs. I was using the example scenes as my documentation so I kind of missed it as I don't think it is used this way.  Thanks very much. I've been able to replace the foreach with a pointgenerate, copysop, attribpromote (to get min index) and attrib copy and it's 10-20 times faster now at this scale.

Great!

That's beauty of BulletSOP. It can be easily extend with default Houdini nodes or some python script. Everything is about generating data then Solver solves it :)

When you say faster you mean faster than scene above or original scene where everything affect everything?

Great!

That's beauty of BulletSOP. It can be easily extend with default Houdini nodes or some python script. Everything is about generating data then Solver solves it :)

When you say faster you mean faster than scene above or original scene where everything affect everything?

Just the scene above unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since v2.0.10 came, so during next week I will release v2.0.11 for the latest Houdini production build v13.0.314:

This is change log for v2.0.11:

* Fixed: Generating constraints algorithm creates constraint between objects with same compound(parent) object
* Fixed: btPrepare generates tetra form polygon which area is less than 0.001
* Added: Object "Recreate" option which reupdate object(shape+properties) to solver
* Fixed: Smooth static object recreate transformation
* Added: btSolver "Share Shapes" option for Boxes/Spheres - saving memory
* Improved: Source code has cleaner code(std::vector => MyVec, ...)
* Improved: Faster uploading forces