MilanSuk

BulletSOP is implementation of Bullet library (bulletphysics.org) inside SideFx Houdini (sidefx.com).
It's a plugin for creating incredibly large rigid body simulations on average PC.
The Tool is very powerful, flexible and speed is very impressive as well as memory footprint.
The plugin is free and without limits! So you can create truly stunning massive simulations.
BulletSOP is compiled for Houdini production builds. It includes many example scenes (beginner -> professional) which are probably the best learning resources.

Main features:
- Bullet RBD Solver
- Support for multiple Broadphases, Constraints Solvers
- Loading data from previous frame
- Geometry decomposition (Tetrahedra, Voxels)
- Static/Animation body
- Convex Hull
- Compound Hull
- Deform static Hull
- Primitive Hulls
- Constraints (auto-generating, spring, 6DoF)
- Collisions Groups
- Object Forces
- Point Radius Forces
- Delete Duplicity data
- Instancing
- Emitting system
- Includes many example scenes for studying
- Support for Windows(64bit) and Linux(64bit)
- Support for Houdini 12 & 13

Links:
Houdini: http://www.sidefx.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin....Houdini-4796605
More author's videos: https://vimeo.com/user3251535

Create freely, simulate quickly and enjoy fully!

Best wishes,
Milan Suk

Download BulletSOP v2.0.10 for Windows and Linux here: http://bit.do/BulletSOP_v2_0_10

Edited by MilanSuk
  • Like 5

For this release We added support for Houdini13, documetation(WIP) and icons - big thank you to Igor Bondar.

There is new MLCPSolver and few significant bug fixes(when you hit "ESC" key for interuption and Houdini won't update graph, ....) and a lot of minor bug fixes and speed and layout improvements!

I also added House Destruction scene: https://vimeo.com/77407481

Edited by MilanSuk
  • Like 1

I'don't know why. My Houdini always crash.

This is my since. please help me.

I checked log and looks like a bug in BulletLibrary.

You also made one mistake - It's not recommend to use grid shape(It's not closed object) like a floor object. You must use box or turn_on floor on btSolver node.

Please check attachment. It works!

wood fracture crash.hip

Edited by MilanSuk

Hi Milan

Thanks for the great RBD solution.

The speed of simulation is amazing! Much faster than Bullet DOP, also the constraint is very handy to use.

I am checking the example file "voroni_impact_break", and I have some questions about btLoader.

In the doc it said "btLoader Loads data from previous frame from the specified btSolver"

Since we can specity solver path in the node, what is the input plug of btLoader for?

What will happen if we plug something to the input of btLoader?

Jack

Hi Milan

Thanks for the great RBD solution.

The speed of simulation is amazing! Much faster than Bullet DOP, also the constraint is very handy to use.

I am checking the example file "voroni_impact_break", and I have some questions about btLoader.

In the doc it said "btLoader Loads data from previous frame from the specified btSolver"

Since we can specity solver path in the node, what is the input plug of btLoader for?

What will happen if we plug something to the input of btLoader?

Jack

On btSolver You specified some "Reset Frame", so If Your frame is <= Reset Frame then btLoader copies input to ouput. And after Reset Frame it ignores input and load data from btSolver!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SOLVED sorry

Hello Milan, I'm working on bulletsop for my personal curiosity and I'm stuck, because it seems to have a little bug.

I have a ground (grid + moutain sop) when I set my bt_build to deform it doesn't work (simulation doesn't run), and when I choose box by example, the simulation works, but collision are not perfect like deform.

What do you think about it ?

(BulletSop 2.0.10 on H 13.0.198.21)

Thank you very much for your help and your plug in.

gold_coins_sim_003_bug.hip

Edited by sliver

SOLVED sorry

Hello Milan, I'm working on bulletsop for my personal curiosity and I'm stuck, because it seems to have a little bug.

I have a ground (grid + moutain sop) when I set my bt_build to deform it doesn't work (simulation doesn't run), and when I choose box by example, the simulation works, but collision are not perfect like deform.

What do you think about it ?

(BulletSop 2.0.10 on H 13.0.198.21)

Thank you very much for your help and your plug in.

I see that you've solved it already.

But If somebody want's to know what was wrong: You don't connect 2nd input(Shapes) on btSolver :)

• Like 1