Drive pscale by smoke temperature?

Neo222

Hey guys,

I'm looking to use the smoke temperature to drive my pscale attribute, however I can't seem figure out how to actually access the temperature attribute to use it elsewhere.

I'm still quite new to Houdini so there is a good chance I'm missing something very straight forward. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Martin I had a quick poke around in the volumeVOP (couldn't find a volumesampleVOP). I did this under the import_smoke Dop I/O node and I couldnt see an input referring to temperature. Am I doing this in the correct place? Is there any chance you can elaborate a bit more on the process of setting this up, as I am not overly confident of the process?

Thanks again

After few hours digging around I managed to get the temperature attribute from my smoke onto my points using an attribute from volume node which i could then reference into the pscale attribute. It seems to be working fine, so I thought I'd post up my solution in case anyone else is having trouble with a similar issue.

Thanks