PRT_RopDriver how to ?

Hi guys, I think I post in the wrong sub cat, sort of. Any way, I recompiled the c++ PRT_Rop for 13.0.266. You can dld the dll here

Now, I am pretty new to HOUD, and I don't know how to use the exporter.

I plugged a ROP OutputDriver after my Null OUT fluid surface cache and named the thing .prt instead of .geo.

Obeviously, did not work, .prt are unusable.

Anyone wotj experience of the otl can gove a hint, show me the path to go to export my FLIP to PRT ?

Thank you !

Tanguy

• 1 month later...

THANKS! Vorkosigan.

Its workng fine for me. 

Houdini build 13.314 (i didnt use latest daily build because i had some other problems with it) and Krakatoa 2.3.0.54606

For those who this isnt working, you just have to create PRT_ROPDriver node in ROP network. Changing .bgeo to .prt wont work  on default rop nodes. And if its still not working, then download VC9 compiled houdini builds instead of VC11.

Edited by Tom

Yep tom is right, i forgot to specify that, it is a VC9 compil.

otherwise, pretty straight forward, within a ROP_driver node, load the PRT_rop one and you are almost done. Choose your fluid node and render. It is quite fast though.

I can recompiled for other version, more or less. Bit the 266 works fine on all the recent one.

Cheers

Hopefully someone familiar with the Maya version of Krakatoa sees this. I know it's probably not the right forum but it's still on topic in a way :D

How can we use the attributes that are exported with the PRT files with Krakatoa MY? I am mainly interested in Vorticity. It should be getting exported correctly as the PRT ROP picks it up automatically as a value to export along with pscale and all the other usual attributes. Krakatoa MY, I am unable to find any way to use that Vorticity value. In Max, it was easy, as the Vorticity value was able to be chosen direclty as an Input channel, but i have not been able to find it anywhere in the Maya version

I received this from Thinkbox Software.

I loaded the file in a KMX PRT Loader and took a look at its channels. 
It appears to contain only Position and Velocity and nothing else. Obviously, your exporter did not write the Vorticity out, but it would be difficult to tell why as we don't have our own Houdini exporter at this time. This one does not appear to be based on the exporter code we posted recently on GitHub since it is only PRT 1.0 specification (no metadata for scale and axis orientation). Our latest libraries should support the PRT 1.1 spec.

Can you tell us more about the PRT exporter you used?

I have tried compiling their exporter at https://github.com/ThinkboxSoftware/HoudiniPRTExporter but I am unable to get OpenEXR to compile, let alone the plugin.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I think many would be helpful.

Recent compiled version you can download here, as well has its own branch Githu

Houdini 13.0.547: PRTRop_13.0.547.rar

Houdini 13.0.582: PRTRop_13.0.547.rar

Houdini 14.0.201.13: PRTRop_14.0.201.13.rar

site

just a quick tutorial on the use of (I had trouble so I write):

PRTRop_Release_14.0.201.13.dll copy a folder C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 14.0.201.13\houdini\dso 

in Network panel go to the out and there you will find the PRT_export driver

I hope this helps someone because 2 days I suffer with this issue)

Edited by Horosh3D
  • Like 3