Banding effect?

So i was just wondering what exactly is causing my banding effect with my volume explosion. I have the resolution REALLY high (at least i think it is, its .025) yet im still getting banding. Is there something im missing? I thought the higher the resolution the better, but maybe its something in the other parameters im missing?

post-10357-0-62422100-1391550194_thumb.j

post-10357-0-19904600-1391550200_thumb.j

Edited by jwhit6142004

The resolution of your Pyro is relative to your scenescale. Although your divsize is .025, depending on how large your scene actually is, that could be anything between 10k-100m voxels. So take a look at how many voxels you have rather than just thinking ".025 should be highres"- it might be so in this case, but it might not be in every case.

For the banding I would, as in the thread Marty linked, tweak the Volume Filter as well as tweak the shader appropriately. 

Thanks for all the feedback. The link to that other thread really helped alot thank you! And Skybar, when i used Maya i knew the formulas for high res vs low res but in houdini im not sure of the formula. For example, in Maya if the squared resolution was lets say 100 but container size was 10 X 10 X 10 that was 10 times the amount therefore high res.