Can I pin texture color down to flip particles?

syzmatrix

Simple question, I want some flip simulation with some texture color? So is it possible to project a texture from up to my flip water surface? And when the sim starts, the flip particles will take the color and start to mix with each other? Thank you very much!!!

If you're trying to get a texture through from SOPs, you can transfer the texture colour to the points that you're using to emit fluid particles from.

However you mention 'project a texture' - Do you mean camera projecting the texture onto the points at frame 1 of the sim so that each point keeps that colour throughout the sim?

I'd post an example file of my first suggestion, but I'm at work right now.

EDIT: Off the top of my head - To transfer colours to point, promote uv attrib from vertex to point, then plug into a vopsop, import attrib & use 'colormap' to attach your texture map. then plug that into Cd output) Then you can fill/scatter your geo with points, attrib transfer the colour, create particles with point sop & import that into your dopnet.

This is my first answer to a question on here, so maybe this isn't the most accurate way to achieve this.

Edited by tomwyn

just add a uv texture sop after your fluid source and set it to whatever projection mode you want, then your flip particles will have uv's. You can apply a texture post sim or right after the uvtexture using a attribfrommap sop or doing it through a vopsop sode via colormap if you have lots of points. Then your points will sim with the colors from the map.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

just add a uv texture sop after your fluid source and set it to whatever projection mode you want, then your flip particles will have uv's. You can apply a texture post sim or right after the uvtexture using a attribfrommap sop or doing it through a vopsop sode via colormap if you have lots of points. Then your points will sim with the colors from the map.

Thanks for the useful tip  :)