velocity and vorticity pass from FLIP surface and more. How?

Hello guys.

i´m doing some ocean splash tests, but i can´t find a proper info (updated one to H13, or h12.5 at least) or tutorial for pass creation for flips.

What i wish is to do some advanced composition on fluids like i see on demos of vimeo showing ocean passes with vorticity etc...

my questions are:

1. How can i create a fluid vorticity pass, and fluid velocity pass to help in composition?

2. How to set to use directly (vel and vorticity) in shader, with some "fade effect" too?

3. Where i create vorticity in first place? i cant find anywhere...

if all this come from cached sim, what the correct approach? How to save vorticity on cache?

can anyone help with a simple scene showing the workflow?

thanks in advance!

Malcolm.

I replied to your thread on sidefx -- but for that specific question on the shader, if you have an attribute called "vorticity", inside the shop you can do a bind (set to vorticity) -> fit range (expose max in and set it) -> ramp (to adjust it as needed) -> bind export (name you want the pass to be).   You then take whatever you put in the bind export and tell mantra to export it as well so it comes out as it's own pass. I can do a simple setup if you can't figure it out.  Cheers.

I had asked a similar question ina thread or post on here just look for a thread about micro vorticity. I think christianw or someone else shared a really nice hip file for calculating vorticity at the simulation level in dops with microsolvers. You should dig around for it. I'll try to find.

I replied to your thread on sidefx -- but for that specific question on the shader, if you have an attribute called "vorticity", inside the shop you can do a bind (set to vorticity) -> fit range (expose max in and set it) -> ramp (to adjust it as needed) -> bind export (name you want the pass to be).   You then take whatever you put in the bind export and tell mantra to export it as well so it comes out as it's own pass. I can do a simple setup if you can't figure it out.  Cheers.

Hey Ian,

didn't your video on vimeo "Flip Tricks (VHUG - March 2014)"

is about that kind of setup ? Didn't had time to watch it, but it's in my watch folder :).

https://vimeo.com/89077210

Hope it help