Affect only some objects with sopsolver

frankengen

Hi, I am trying to use a bullet solver, and a sopsolver to deform my geometry, but i only want to deform some of my objects. I have tried using the "enable solver" but cant seem to get it to work, it either gets the sop solver to works on all my objects or none of my objects. I have also grouped my objects that i want deform and writing the group in the group section of under the sop solver but with no luck. Could anyone pleas help me, I would really appreciate it maybe with a scene file would be great :D thanks so much in advance.

Hi, I am trying to use a bullet solver, and a sopsolver to deform my geometry, but i only want to deform some of my objects. I have tried using the "enable solver" but cant seem to get it to work, it either gets the sop solver to works on all my objects or none of my objects. I have also grouped my objects that i want deform and writing the group in the group section of under the sop solver but with no luck. Could anyone pleas help me, I would really appreciate it maybe with a scene file would be great :D thanks so much in advance.

A simply test.

You can also unpacked the rbd object in sopsolver, so you can do much more interesting deform, then packed them again, don't forget to copy the attribute to packed object back.

Hope it help.

sopsolver_deform.hip

Hi,

is there any way how to get a correct collision?

I get collision of original sphere, not the one modified by sopsolver. (collision visualization looks ok, but result doesn't)

If I don't use attribcopy but pipe out the result directly inside sopsolver I got different strange collisions.

Please look at attached file, there are two simulations showing that (13.0.562 Win7 64bit vc11)

Cheers

deformed_packed_rbd.hipnc

Hi,

is there any way how to get a correct collision?

I get collision of original sphere, not the one modified by sopsolver. (collision visualization looks ok, but result doesn't)

If I don't use attribcopy but pipe out the result directly inside sopsolver I got different strange collisions.

Please look at attached file, there are two simulations showing that (13.0.562 Win7 64bit vc11)

Cheers

As far as i know, the rbd packed object not support the deform collision.

I hope i was wrong.