How can connect different nurbs surfaces

Dr. Gore

I am new to NURBS. I'm modeling a arm in houdini with nurbs, but I'm having problems stitiching the finger to the hand. I revolved a curve as a finger and have the rest of the hand and arm modeled as one nurbs surface but using the join or stitich sop isn't working for me. Curve, Revolve, Skin, Rail, Sweep, Project, Join, and Stitich sop is there any type of modeling workflow for smooth flowing joined NURBS surface that are all connected and ready for rigging.

P.S. If anyone can point me in the right direction a million thank yous.

The bridge SOP may be able to help you join them together. Hopefully there's a demo file somewhere, 'cause I can't remember how to use it.

But let me say from experience, I don't think you're ever going to be satisfied with how Houdini joins the surfaces together.

I tried once to build an entire character in NURBS in houdini... It was good experience, but ultimtely futile :). And since no work has been done on Houdini's NURBS since about v2, I doubt much has changed.

In my experience, for organic's poly's/subd are the way to go.

Cheers

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

hey Dr. Gore

i dunno if u've looked at the paste sop,

its something quiet unique and it does a nice job for that sorta thing with nurbs.

havent tried it on fingers, but im sure u could

as for Marc's advice with poly's/subd, i'd agree completely

anyways

all the best

aracid :blink: