one fire affect an other fire in one Dop

Rio.Dominia

Hi  guys.  I have a question about a fire effects which I use one Dop network.

My issue is how can I  just make the left pyro object affect the right side pyro object in temperatrue and velocity .   But the right one is not affect the left pyro object.

So I attach my file, Hope any masters can help about that.  Thanks!!

pryo_affect.hip

Hi, you were on the right track with the Sop Solver DOP - but all your operations were ones you would use with regular geometry, not volumes. (plus a couple of them would have needed metaballs:)

Here are two solutions, one a fixed Sop Solver approach, and the other one is more of a DOP-land approach using a Copy Data Solver and a Linear Combination.

Adding the same for temperature is left as an exercise ;)

pryo_affect_ee.hip

Hi, you were on the right track with the Sop Solver DOP - but all your operations were ones you would use with regular geometry, not volumes. (plus a couple of them would have needed metaballs:)

Here are two solutions, one a fixed Sop Solver approach, and the other one is more of a DOP-land approach using a Copy Data Solver and a Linear Combination.

Adding the same for temperature is left as an exercise ;)

WOW,that's really helps a lot,eetu.   Really thankful.

Something isn't right in the fixed scene. Both flames have a velocity of 3, yet one of them pushes the other. It should meet in the center and push eachother to the side.

Yes - the original question was "My issue is how can I  just make the left pyro object affect the right side pyro object in temperatrue and velocity" so that was what I did:)

If you want to have them affect each other you need to copy the additional setup from one solver to the other and modify any paths appropriately.

This will never be as correct as solving both flames in one solver, as the solves will not be done in parallel and the data from the other solver will always be lagging one frame.

Yes - the original question was "My issue is how can I  just make the left pyro object affect the right side pyro object in temperatrue and velocity" so that was what I did:)

If you want to have them affect each other you need to copy the additional setup from one solver to the other and modify any paths appropriately.

This will never be as correct as solving both flames in one solver, as the solves will not be done in parallel and the data from the other solver will always be lagging one frame.

yes,eetu solve my issue. And magasul's opinion is quite right!  When we use one pyroslover.  The two fire affect each other in the middle of both.  Not like the fix files,One just blowing off the other one .

So,I think maybe to fix it, we can multiply a float which is lesser than 1 for the right pryo in velocity?