Hey guys. So i've done a flip simulation and created a VDB mesh from it. Then created a new scene and added ocean waves from the shelf tool and added displacement to the VDB mesh using ocean waves. So now i'm happy with my displacement on my flip mesh, and i want to create an infinite(large ocean) and composite these 2 renders later in post production.

How do i apply the same displacement on my VDB mesh to an infinite/extended/large ocean?
I have attached a screenshot and my .hip file, hope you guys can help me out :)

Ocean_Displacement_01.hip

post-12609-0-29645800-1421969147_thumb.j

When changing the resolution of my grid to a higher value, i see how the displacement changes.. but my VDB mesh obviously has alot of points, so to get the same displacement on my grid it has to have as many points as the vdb mesh right? But since my large ocean is going to be 25xtimes larger it's going to be very heavy..  

So i got it working, i have no idea why i didn't work for me earlier.. but now it works like a charm, even without having to up-res the grid that much! :D

9QaOMeY.jpg

However i'm getting these wierd results sometimes.. like the grid is visible in the render? And when the mesh is close to the camera it's clipping off for some reason? :(

d0QGZNw.jpg

The white grid in this image is actually the alpha channel? :blink:

nBdg452.jpg

Scene File: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19237144/Infinte_ocean_displacement_01.hip

However i'm getting these wierd results sometimes.. like the grid is visible in the render? And when the mesh is close to the camera it's clipping off for some reason? 

This is displacement problem.

Reduce displacement bound of your shader.

I will try to reduce displacement bound, and see if it helps. What do you mean by maroon?

And why should it not be able to find the displacement textures? - Sorry i'm just a bit confused :D

No i'm not rendering the ocean_interior, but that's for saving render time. I thought it was only for faking depth in the ocean?

And as stated above, only some of the renders turn out this wierd, i think it depends on how close my camera is to the ocean s:

- Thanks for helping me out Pradeep! Really appreciate it.

Good news Pradeep!

The Displacement Bound parameter worked like a charm! However turning it down to too low removes all the nice detail in the displacement!

The default number is 2, so first i tried setting it to 1 and it fixed the clipping but removed to much detail.. then i tried 1.8, and it keeps all the nice details and fixes the clipping!

BOOM! Problem solved, all good! Thanks alot Pradeep, this saved me a ton of time! :)

LW9bbiX.jpg