Volume cloud artifact on render

I am using the volume cloud VEX shader on my particles to render spray, but when I render I can see a grid pattern on screen space in my render I can see it on the alpha too, I tried to increase samples, transparency samples, light samples and still the same.

I've built the shader using the volume cloud and properties vex node just like in the sidefx video for the waterfall render I did this before on H13 and I didn't notice this artifact.

In this case am using H14 build 201.13 I didn't have the opportunity to test it on H13 yet but if someone has any idea of why this could be happening please share.

Thanks!

Edited by Mzigaib

Hi, Me again!

So, funny thing the grid is back  :blush:!

Here it is, it is suttle but in animation you can see it much better, no matter what the camera angle is the grid always shows in the screen space.

post-5743-0-50510000-1422847610_thumb.jp

Edited by Mzigaib

Good question, but no it doesn't.

One thing I didn't mention is that I am using the point replicate procedural and just noticed that if I don't use it I don't have this problem, my first though was that I could have a bound problem so I did try to use a bounding box in the shader but still the problem persists.

But I also noticed that even with the bounds specified on sops I get a "bounds out geometry" warning.

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Edited by Mzigaib

I tried to specify a bound box on SOPs with different sizes and the result is different grids.

I can't get rid of the "procedural generated out of bounds geometry" warning.

A bug maybe?

post-5743-0-43907000-1422932637_thumb.jp

Edited by Mzigaib