Cache sim inside dopnet?

Juzwa

Hi, 

I have a bullet sim - destruction of a building. I started with some simple setup and then added parts of the building and other constraints.

Now I use at least 9 different objects in this sim and I added extra frames (decided to duble the sim, from 60 to 120 frames).

But I have problem with visualising the sim itself. Inside dopnet everything draws fine, but level up can see only 3 of the objects that I sue in the sim.

I know I can export the dopnet as points and then transfer the points on the geometry. But can I cache the sim inside the dopnet to see the resaults there? something like rop output driver node (that would work in a non-commercial edition)?

The data needs to make the round trip from SOP to DOP and back to SOP again. Sounds like when you added stuff at the DOP level you did it manually so you've got the SOP to DOP part but the data never gets back to SOP.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini14.0/nodes/sop/dopimport

If you use the shelf tools to setup the simulation it creates the round trip for you, maybe use those as an example of how to configure the DOP Import node for what you've already created in the simulation.