Houdini Caterman WIP - FLIP Render 2015

mikkelm2

Hey everyone! So here's a little quick project i did this weekend, it's pretty low-res. I'm not satisfied with the foam pattern so for the next simulation i'm gonna try some custom velocity forces to generate foam from more specific areas, and of course up-res the particle numbers ALOT! Any feedback appreciated - Enjoy! :)

Technical specification:

Main FLIP Simulation: 3hours 30min
Foam Simulation: 3hours 40min
Meshing Process: 2hours

Main FLIP: 6.000.000 Particles
Foam: 500.000 Particles
Edited by mikkelm2
  • Like 1

You do that, but don't take my word for it when it comes to simulation in Houdini. I know I said "pretty sure" but that's more of a figure of speech. :)

What I find a bit off (and again, take it with spoon full of salt) is that the model seems a bit small in scale judging by the way the water behaves. I'm pretty sure (yeah, I just did it again) increasing the scale of the ship and flip container will result in bigger sim times, but will probably also result in a bit of increased realism.

(someone with flip fluid sims experince in Houdini please rescue me, I can't back off now :lol: )

Edited by McNistor