Turning off avatars (and other screen-crud)

ammon

Now that I've seen most of the avatars, I'm quite happy to have them turned off. However, turning them off just replaces them with... a box. Can that box be made to completely go away? Heck, if *all* that stuff on the side can be made to go away (aside from the poster's name), I'd be happy. As it is, even a one-line post takes up an enormous amount of screen space, making reading these forums a PITA. When reading a forum, I don't care what member number you are, where you're from, when you joined, or any of that other stuff. If I'm interested, I'll click on the name to get the profile.

Thanks,

Hi Ammon,

At the bottom of the page is a LoFi button - try that :) How does that feel? I like it, except it doesn't show new posts.

13939[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw that right after posting. If it had a reply button under each post (and showed new posts), and still had any images embedded in the post, it'd be perfect. Sort of a med-fi version.