Relative refs & Types of interface elements

hoknamahn

I wonder by that fact that seems to be impossible to create an absolute or relative refs from one interface element with "choice" type (or menu, or combo box) to other with the same type. What I mean.

If you have a shader included into custom operator and want to link a shader parameter say "Lighting Model" to operator's element with same name and same type you can meet an obstacle. Because the item of context menu will be disabled.

But if we attempt ourselves to link the parameter of the "choice" type the parameter of another type, let us say float, that reference will be created, but work it will not be. It can be to eat alternate routes?

For example, to create "temporary" variable, which will store the state of menu. What you do think in regard to this? :angry:

You can, but it's hidden in magical !!ch()!! references. If you're creating your own custom operator, just drag the parameter into the Parameters of the Type Properties dialog.

14224[/snapback]

Thanks, Edward!

But this is not so simple, as it can seem. Houdini sometimes loves "to break" the interface of operator, in such cases the closing parentheses do not correspond to those opening or generally are absent. I do not know accurately, when such appears, it can be in the case, if the interface of operator becomes to fairly complicated. But encountered with this not one time. Therefore i do not use drag and drop and write the code for the interface directly in operator type manager.

Any method is necessary to me, different from the drag and drop the parameter on window operator type properties.

Some more ideas?

• 2 weeks later...